It should surprise no one that Booth favorite K. Sparks is a fan of Family Guy; with his talent for working tangential, sometimes hilariously off-color retro pop culture references into his rhymes, the Queens emcee could probably write for the show. Centered around a vocal snippet from one of the envelope-pushing series’ best-known characters, megalomaniacal toddler Stewie Griffin, this remixed version of Alright Then (Manic Monday #43) finds Sparks spitting off-the-wall verses that would make Seth MacFarlane proud—Mike Tyson, Indiana Jones, Michael Jackson and E.T. all serve as fodder for the emcee’s Booth-renowned brand of allusive punchline lyricism. Complete with a percussion-driven, horn-punctuated instrumental by frequent Manic Mondays beatsmith T-Mos (see Temperature, Genesis...), this cut is, unsurprisingly, much better than “Alright,” and is pretty much guaranteed to earn Sparks his 43rd round of rave reader reviews—now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a date with Gary Coleman in Mexico…
Listen to More: K. Sparks Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.