It should surprise no one that Booth favorite K. Sparks is a fan of Family Guy; with his talent for working tangential, sometimes hilariously off-color retro pop culture references into his rhymes, the Queens emcee could probably write for the show. Centered around a vocal snippet from one of the envelope-pushing series’ best-known characters, megalomaniacal toddler Stewie Griffin, this remixed version of Alright Then (Manic Monday #43) finds Sparks spitting off-the-wall verses that would make Seth MacFarlane proud—Mike Tyson, Indiana Jones, Michael Jackson and E.T. all serve as fodder for the emcee’s Booth-renowned brand of allusive punchline lyricism. Complete with a percussion-driven, horn-punctuated instrumental by frequent Manic Mondays beatsmith T-Mos (see Temperature, Genesis...), this cut is, unsurprisingly, much better than “Alright,” and is pretty much guaranteed to earn Sparks his 43rd round of rave reader reviews—now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a date with Gary Coleman in Mexico…
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by richard on 06/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.