It should surprise no one that Booth favorite K. Sparks is a fan of Family Guy; with his talent for working tangential, sometimes hilariously off-color retro pop culture references into his rhymes, the Queens emcee could probably write for the show. Centered around a vocal snippet from one of the envelope-pushing series’ best-known characters, megalomaniacal toddler Stewie Griffin, this remixed version of Alright Then (Manic Monday #43) finds Sparks spitting off-the-wall verses that would make Seth MacFarlane proud—Mike Tyson, Indiana Jones, Michael Jackson and E.T. all serve as fodder for the emcee’s Booth-renowned brand of allusive punchline lyricism. Complete with a percussion-driven, horn-punctuated instrumental by frequent Manic Mondays beatsmith T-Mos (see Temperature, Genesis...), this cut is, unsurprisingly, much better than “Alright,” and is pretty much guaranteed to earn Sparks his 43rd round of rave reader reviews—now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a date with Gary Coleman in Mexico…
Written by richard on 06/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)