It should surprise no one that Booth favorite K. Sparks is a fan of Family Guy; with his talent for working tangential, sometimes hilariously off-color retro pop culture references into his rhymes, the Queens emcee could probably write for the show. Centered around a vocal snippet from one of the envelope-pushing series’ best-known characters, megalomaniacal toddler Stewie Griffin, this remixed version of Alright Then (Manic Monday #43) finds Sparks spitting off-the-wall verses that would make Seth MacFarlane proud—Mike Tyson, Indiana Jones, Michael Jackson and E.T. all serve as fodder for the emcee’s Booth-renowned brand of allusive punchline lyricism. Complete with a percussion-driven, horn-punctuated instrumental by frequent Manic Mondays beatsmith T-Mos (see Temperature, Genesis...), this cut is, unsurprisingly, much better than “Alright,” and is pretty much guaranteed to earn Sparks his 43rd round of rave reader reviews—now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a date with Gary Coleman in Mexico…
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by richard on 06/21/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)