There’s nothing I could write to make Booth regulars more hyped than they already are, so I’ll come right out and say it: Manic Monday #52 is here! 10 Minutes, the final entry in K. Sparks’ online series-to-end-all-online series, finds the Queens emcee taking a well-earned victory lap or four, incorporating the titles of each and every MM record into his rhymes as he blazes beats by frequent collaborators THX, Pajozo, Kurser, and T-Mos. Broken up with skits chronicling the artist and engineer Big Drew‘s mad rush to the studio, this behemoth of a cut is unwieldy in concept, but, as usual, Sparks succeeds where other emcees would fail. Packed with clever lyricism and spectacular production (Kurser’s portion, which I’m fairly certain was sampled from Tommy James’ Crimson & Clover, is a standout), 10M is both a fitting cap-off to an epic 52-week run and one of the few ten-minute-plus tracks I’d consider putting on repeat. The Manic Mondays era’s come to an end, but don’t get too misty-eyed; with a 248-track backlog and a studio album in the works, K. Sparks is destined to be a Booth mainstay for a long time to come.
Written by richard on 08/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.