There’s nothing I could write to make Booth regulars more hyped than they already are, so I’ll come right out and say it: Manic Monday #52 is here! 10 Minutes, the final entry in K. Sparks’ online series-to-end-all-online series, finds the Queens emcee taking a well-earned victory lap or four, incorporating the titles of each and every MM record into his rhymes as he blazes beats by frequent collaborators THX, Pajozo, Kurser, and T-Mos. Broken up with skits chronicling the artist and engineer Big Drew‘s mad rush to the studio, this behemoth of a cut is unwieldy in concept, but, as usual, Sparks succeeds where other emcees would fail. Packed with clever lyricism and spectacular production (Kurser’s portion, which I’m fairly certain was sampled from Tommy James’ Crimson & Clover, is a standout), 10M is both a fitting cap-off to an epic 52-week run and one of the few ten-minute-plus tracks I’d consider putting on repeat. The Manic Mondays era’s come to an end, but don’t get too misty-eyed; with a 248-track backlog and a studio album in the works, K. Sparks is destined to be a Booth mainstay for a long time to come.
Written by richard on 08/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.