In the history of the Billboard charts and radio airplay there are a select handful of songs that have achieved such monster successe that no one would dare come out with a new track with the same title (ask LeToya to drop a single called Umbrella and see what happens). But while the release of K. Michelle’s new single Fallin might seem to provoke a copyright suit courtesy of Ms. Alicia Keys’ management, K. Michelle easily proves she’s got a soulful sound that can stand on its own. Growing-popular-by-the-day producer Kane Beatz and string-arranger The Mad Violinist (who is the first signee to Kane’s new In The Building production company) take K’s powerhouse vocals to a new realm of excellence with a sparse snap tempo behind a theatrical melody that Michelle overlays with vocals that will instantly erase any comparisons to the other Fallin’. Feel free to overdose on Fallin in preparation for K. Michelle’s upcoming debut, Pain Medicine, which currently has no release date. Even if you don’t have any musical aches that need to be cured, stay tuned for updates.
Written by Matty K on 01/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Go On" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.