In the history of the Billboard charts and radio airplay there are a select handful of songs that have achieved such monster successe that no one would dare come out with a new track with the same title (ask LeToya to drop a single called Umbrella and see what happens). But while the release of K. Michelle’s new single Fallin might seem to provoke a copyright suit courtesy of Ms. Alicia Keys’ management, K. Michelle easily proves she’s got a soulful sound that can stand on its own. Growing-popular-by-the-day producer Kane Beatz and string-arranger The Mad Violinist (who is the first signee to Kane’s new In The Building production company) take K’s powerhouse vocals to a new realm of excellence with a sparse snap tempo behind a theatrical melody that Michelle overlays with vocals that will instantly erase any comparisons to the other Fallin’. Feel free to overdose on Fallin in preparation for K. Michelle’s upcoming debut, Pain Medicine, which currently has no release date. Even if you don’t have any musical aches that need to be cured, stay tuned for updates.
Written by Matty K on 01/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Go On" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.