In the history of the Billboard charts and radio airplay there are a select handful of songs that have achieved such monster successe that no one would dare come out with a new track with the same title (ask LeToya to drop a single called Umbrella and see what happens). But while the release of K. Michelle’s new single Fallin might seem to provoke a copyright suit courtesy of Ms. Alicia Keys’ management, K. Michelle easily proves she’s got a soulful sound that can stand on its own. Growing-popular-by-the-day producer Kane Beatz and string-arranger The Mad Violinist (who is the first signee to Kane’s new In The Building production company) take K’s powerhouse vocals to a new realm of excellence with a sparse snap tempo behind a theatrical melody that Michelle overlays with vocals that will instantly erase any comparisons to the other Fallin’. Feel free to overdose on Fallin in preparation for K. Michelle’s upcoming debut, Pain Medicine, which currently has no release date. Even if you don’t have any musical aches that need to be cured, stay tuned for updates.
Written by Matty K on 01/19/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Go On" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)