As far as I know, there’s no blood relationship between Watching Our Dollars rapper Joe Young and K-Young, the R&B singer who brought us the Lay You Down EP in February. But based on the collaborative chemistry they showcase on new single Do It All, it wouldn’t be inaccurate to describe them as “brothers from another mother.” Here, a stirring piano beat by Rikkanatti sets the mood as the duo explore the motivations behind their hustle: “It’s in the name of love… I do it all for my favorite girl.” Which sounds pretty damn romantic, till you realize that the woman they’re serenading is none other than the Almighty Dollar. They’re not the only ones who are madly involved with their paper; Rick Ross, Game and Ca$his each wax poetic about their fortunes and their most prized possessions in a caked-up guest 16. Originally featured, under the title In the Name of Love, on Ca$his’s 2012 The Art of Dying LP, this record can also be found on Joe and K-Young’s B.O.B.C. (Black Bottles & Models) EP, out online as of March 5.
Written by richard on 03/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Summer Love (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.