As I am sure you all know, breakups are complicated. It’s always nice to try and be friends afterwards, but affairs of the heart aren’t always so cut and dry; just ask West Coast crooner K-Young. On his latest cut, Psychopath, Young is having a little trouble cutting ties with a vengeful ex-girlfriend. It all starts with a few too many calls from the ex and a feeling like somebody is watching him, but quickly escalates into a bigger, crazier problem. Vocally the Cali native utilizes an understated, unique performance that matches the eerie ambiance set off by Tabu’s snare heavy production as he informs us that his life might be in danger thanks to his batsh*t crazy ex. Want to find out just how crazy she is? Then check out Psychopath and be sure to take a peek at Distinguished, K-Young’s new album dropping next week. And if, like his ex, you can’t get enough of K-Young, take a listen to Angel, featured last month.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Summer Love (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.