As I am sure you all know, breakups are complicated. It’s always nice to try and be friends afterwards, but affairs of the heart aren’t always so cut and dry; just ask West Coast crooner K-Young. On his latest cut, Psychopath, Young is having a little trouble cutting ties with a vengeful ex-girlfriend. It all starts with a few too many calls from the ex and a feeling like somebody is watching him, but quickly escalates into a bigger, crazier problem. Vocally the Cali native utilizes an understated, unique performance that matches the eerie ambiance set off by Tabu’s snare heavy production as he informs us that his life might be in danger thanks to his batsh*t crazy ex. Want to find out just how crazy she is? Then check out Psychopath and be sure to take a peek at Distinguished, K-Young’s new album dropping next week. And if, like his ex, you can’t get enough of K-Young, take a listen to Angel, featured last month.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Summer Love (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.