My favorite R&B artist changes more often than Hugh Hefner’s top bunny, primarily due to their actions outside music (Kells and C. Brown, anyone?). I’m tired of having to constantly replace this top spot, so when K-Young’s Love Drunk was leaked yesterday, I had hope again of finding a permanent leader to my soulful shortlist. Produced by Rob Holladay, Young describes the perfect girl to spend his well-earned cash on, with “crazy, strung-out, addicted” being some of her primary characteristics (what girl isn’t? kidding…kind of). The Hacienda Heights emcee pushes his vocal talents to the max over the club-ready beat, giving listeners yet another babymaking track for 2010’s first quarter. Due to the early leak this single may or may not end up on his currently untitled and unscheduled upcoming EP, but he is still planning on shooting two videos for the project this week. If Young’s quickly becoming one of your top picks too, be sure to keep it locked for more from K and his new project.
Written by Sigurd on 03/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Summer Love (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.