No, K. Sparks’ latest feature isn’t a hip-hop tribute to the late-‘80s/early-‘90s comedy-drama starring Fred Savage—as dope as that would undoubtedly be. Instead, single numéro cinq off the Queens fave’s forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted street album finds him revisiting the Wonder Years of his own adolescence. Perennial collaborator Kurser continues to impress on the production tip, layering lively classical arpeggios over a leisurely beat as Sparks surveys the course of his life to date. The moral of the story? “Take advantage of all the minutes ‘fore they forget you.” For this wistful jam, previously-featured singles Stimulus Package, Smooth Cafe, Leaders and Show Off, and much more, cop Read Between the Lines when it hits the Booth for streaming and download December 2.
Update: We have added the New Mask Media-directed visuals for Sparks’ Wonder Years record, which will also appear on his Vintage Art album.
Written by richard on 11/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.