No, K. Sparks’ latest feature isn’t a hip-hop tribute to the late-‘80s/early-‘90s comedy-drama starring Fred Savage—as dope as that would undoubtedly be. Instead, single numéro cinq off the Queens fave’s forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted street album finds him revisiting the Wonder Years of his own adolescence. Perennial collaborator Kurser continues to impress on the production tip, layering lively classical arpeggios over a leisurely beat as Sparks surveys the course of his life to date. The moral of the story? “Take advantage of all the minutes ‘fore they forget you.” For this wistful jam, previously-featured singles Stimulus Package, Smooth Cafe, Leaders and Show Off, and much more, cop Read Between the Lines when it hits the Booth for streaming and download December 2.
Update: We have added the New Mask Media-directed visuals for Sparks’ Wonder Years record, which will also appear on his Vintage Art album.
Written by richard on 11/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.