No, K. Sparks’ latest feature isn’t a hip-hop tribute to the late-‘80s/early-‘90s comedy-drama starring Fred Savage—as dope as that would undoubtedly be. Instead, single numéro cinq off the Queens fave’s forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted street album finds him revisiting the Wonder Years of his own adolescence. Perennial collaborator Kurser continues to impress on the production tip, layering lively classical arpeggios over a leisurely beat as Sparks surveys the course of his life to date. The moral of the story? “Take advantage of all the minutes ‘fore they forget you.” For this wistful jam, previously-featured singles Stimulus Package, Smooth Cafe, Leaders and Show Off, and much more, cop Read Between the Lines when it hits the Booth for streaming and download December 2.
Update: We have added the New Mask Media-directed visuals for Sparks’ Wonder Years record, which will also appear on his Vintage Art album.
Written by richard on 11/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.