The best songs are always those which with the listener can relate. Sadly, there are a large number of our readers who know what K. Sparks is going through. The newly-released Winters Theme (RIP Laura Hunter) is dedicated to his mother, who sadly passed away after a two year fight with breast cancer on December 4, 2013. With Jay Alpha‘s smooth boardwork behind him, Sparks wrestles with staying motivated and focused even though he’s hurting; you can hear the emotion in his voice and it makes the track all the more powerful. Echoing the sentiments shared in the verses, Monique Danielle soulfully croons a we’re-gonna-make-it themed hook. Winters Theme is the first listen from the Booth favorite’s upcoming project, The Blue Tape 2, which has yet to secure a date on the release calender.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.