The best songs are always those which with the listener can relate. Sadly, there are a large number of our readers who know what K. Sparks is going through. The newly-released Winters Theme (RIP Laura Hunter) is dedicated to his mother, who sadly passed away after a two year fight with breast cancer on December 4, 2013. With Jay Alpha‘s smooth boardwork behind him, Sparks wrestles with staying motivated and focused even though he’s hurting; you can hear the emotion in his voice and it makes the track all the more powerful. Echoing the sentiments shared in the verses, Monique Danielle soulfully croons a we’re-gonna-make-it themed hook. Winters Theme is the first listen from the Booth favorite’s upcoming project, The Blue Tape 2, which has yet to secure a date on the release calender.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)