After months of phenomenal leaks—and a few fresh remixes to boot—it’s almost time for us to lift the curtain on K. Sparks’ new, Booth-sponsored street album. But first, we’re making sure fans are maximally amped for the project with one last release off the set. Making its world premiere on our front page, bonus cut The Show Starts (Remix) finds the Queens mainstay joined by two fellow house favorites (thanks to our own DJ Z, who A&Red the record.). Moe Productions and DJ Bobby Bob set the appropriate mood for a lyrical free-for-all, serving up a tense, understated bell groove (complete with old-school sampled hook) to back Sparks’ densely-packed bars, as well those of Florida fast-riser Laws and North Carolina buzzmaker Rapsody. Though the headliner’s masterful flows and relentless punchlines are as impressive as ever, his collaborators give him a run for his money, lacing the joint with (respectively) tightly-wound expressions of ‘hood loyalty and bawdy, braggadocious wit. Who came the hardest? Debate away—or simply sit back and enjoy the ride. Whatever you do, though, be sure to mark your calendars for the release of Destination: Success, hitting the Booth Sept. 19, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 09/11/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.