After months of phenomenal leaks—and a few fresh remixes to boot—it’s almost time for us to lift the curtain on K. Sparks’ new, Booth-sponsored street album. But first, we’re making sure fans are maximally amped for the project with one last release off the set. Making its world premiere on our front page, bonus cut The Show Starts (Remix) finds the Queens mainstay joined by two fellow house favorites (thanks to our own DJ Z, who A&Red the record.). Moe Productions and DJ Bobby Bob set the appropriate mood for a lyrical free-for-all, serving up a tense, understated bell groove (complete with old-school sampled hook) to back Sparks’ densely-packed bars, as well those of Florida fast-riser Laws and North Carolina buzzmaker Rapsody. Though the headliner’s masterful flows and relentless punchlines are as impressive as ever, his collaborators give him a run for his money, lacing the joint with (respectively) tightly-wound expressions of ‘hood loyalty and bawdy, braggadocious wit. Who came the hardest? Debate away—or simply sit back and enjoy the ride. Whatever you do, though, be sure to mark your calendars for the release of Destination: Success, hitting the Booth Sept. 19, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 09/11/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.