I wasn’t aware that K. Sparks had gone anywhere—his last feature, Baggage Handlers, hit our front page mere weeks ago—but, regardless, he’s back. On The Return, Bugseed‘s jazzy sample work sets the mood as the perennial Booth fave (and freestyle alum) does what he does best, lacing the beat with complex, allusive lyrical flames. This joint isn’t attached to any larger project, but those craving more dope underground beats and rhymes are strongly encouraged to check out It Ain’t a Game Part 5, the new, Booth-sponsored street album from Sparks’ frequent collaborator, Angelous.
Written by richard on 03/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.