I wasn’t aware that K. Sparks had gone anywhere—his last feature, Baggage Handlers, hit our front page mere weeks ago—but, regardless, he’s back. On The Return, Bugseed‘s jazzy sample work sets the mood as the perennial Booth fave (and freestyle alum) does what he does best, lacing the beat with complex, allusive lyrical flames. This joint isn’t attached to any larger project, but those craving more dope underground beats and rhymes are strongly encouraged to check out It Ain’t a Game Part 5, the new, Booth-sponsored street album from Sparks’ frequent collaborator, Angelous.
Written by richard on 03/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.