I wasn’t aware that K. Sparks had gone anywhere—his last feature, Baggage Handlers, hit our front page mere weeks ago—but, regardless, he’s back. On The Return, Bugseed‘s jazzy sample work sets the mood as the perennial Booth fave (and freestyle alum) does what he does best, lacing the beat with complex, allusive lyrical flames. This joint isn’t attached to any larger project, but those craving more dope underground beats and rhymes are strongly encouraged to check out It Ain’t a Game Part 5, the new, Booth-sponsored street album from Sparks’ frequent collaborator, Angelous.
Written by richard on 03/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.