I wasn’t aware that K. Sparks had gone anywhere—his last feature, Baggage Handlers, hit our front page mere weeks ago—but, regardless, he’s back. On The Return, Bugseed‘s jazzy sample work sets the mood as the perennial Booth fave (and freestyle alum) does what he does best, lacing the beat with complex, allusive lyrical flames. This joint isn’t attached to any larger project, but those craving more dope underground beats and rhymes are strongly encouraged to check out It Ain’t a Game Part 5, the new, Booth-sponsored street album from Sparks’ frequent collaborator, Angelous.
Written by richard on 03/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.