I wasn’t aware that K. Sparks had gone anywhere—his last feature, Baggage Handlers, hit our front page mere weeks ago—but, regardless, he’s back. On The Return, Bugseed‘s jazzy sample work sets the mood as the perennial Booth fave (and freestyle alum) does what he does best, lacing the beat with complex, allusive lyrical flames. This joint isn’t attached to any larger project, but those craving more dope underground beats and rhymes are strongly encouraged to check out It Ain’t a Game Part 5, the new, Booth-sponsored street album from Sparks’ frequent collaborator, Angelous.
Written by richard on 03/28/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)