How do you jump-start an ailing hip-hop economy? Whereas some laissez-faire rap pundits would advise austerity measures destined to benefit only the flyest one percent, K. Sparks is a Keynesian at heart. On the latest single off his Booth-hosted street album, the Queens phenom unleashes a lyrical Stimulus Package, in hopes that his outpouring of dope bars will cause a ripple effect throughout the market. Frequent collaborator Kurser mans the boards, pairing leisurely synth riffs with a quirky choral sample for the reader fave’s characteristically witty, incisive comments on the state of the genre. For this single, the previously-featured Smooth Cafe and much more, check out Read Between the Lines when it drops December 2, via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 10/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.