How do you jump-start an ailing hip-hop economy? Whereas some laissez-faire rap pundits would advise austerity measures destined to benefit only the flyest one percent, K. Sparks is a Keynesian at heart. On the latest single off his Booth-hosted street album, the Queens phenom unleashes a lyrical Stimulus Package, in hopes that his outpouring of dope bars will cause a ripple effect throughout the market. Frequent collaborator Kurser mans the boards, pairing leisurely synth riffs with a quirky choral sample for the reader fave’s characteristically witty, incisive comments on the state of the genre. For this single, the previously-featured Smooth Cafe and much more, check out Read Between the Lines when it drops December 2, via The DJBooth.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by richard on 10/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.