How do you jump-start an ailing hip-hop economy? Whereas some laissez-faire rap pundits would advise austerity measures destined to benefit only the flyest one percent, K. Sparks is a Keynesian at heart. On the latest single off his Booth-hosted street album, the Queens phenom unleashes a lyrical Stimulus Package, in hopes that his outpouring of dope bars will cause a ripple effect throughout the market. Frequent collaborator Kurser mans the boards, pairing leisurely synth riffs with a quirky choral sample for the reader fave’s characteristically witty, incisive comments on the state of the genre. For this single, the previously-featured Smooth Cafe and much more, check out Read Between the Lines when it drops December 2, via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 10/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.