How do you jump-start an ailing hip-hop economy? Whereas some laissez-faire rap pundits would advise austerity measures destined to benefit only the flyest one percent, K. Sparks is a Keynesian at heart. On the latest single off his Booth-hosted street album, the Queens phenom unleashes a lyrical Stimulus Package, in hopes that his outpouring of dope bars will cause a ripple effect throughout the market. Frequent collaborator Kurser mans the boards, pairing leisurely synth riffs with a quirky choral sample for the reader fave’s characteristically witty, incisive comments on the state of the genre. For this single, the previously-featured Smooth Cafe and much more, check out Read Between the Lines when it drops December 2, via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 10/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.