The last two Manic Mondays have featured laid-back records (Hip-Hop, Nostalgic) from Booth favorite K. Sparks. Deciding that it was time to “go in on n*ggas,” however, Sparks retreats to his golden olden days, when he freestyled off the top of the dome and “served cats on some waiter sh*t,” and calls out all the “non” Spittaz. In this three and a half-minute lyrical barrage, the Jamaica, New York native holds a spitting clinic, nailing punch line after punch line over quality production from frequent collaborator Moe Productions. If ever there was a record that could spark (no pun intended) a debate over the difference between a rapper vs. a spitta, this is it. Next week marks Sparks tenth Manic Monday.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by DJ Z on 10/26/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.