The last two Manic Mondays have featured laid-back records (Hip-Hop, Nostalgic) from Booth favorite K. Sparks. Deciding that it was time to “go in on n*ggas,” however, Sparks retreats to his golden olden days, when he freestyled off the top of the dome and “served cats on some waiter sh*t,” and calls out all the “non” Spittaz. In this three and a half-minute lyrical barrage, the Jamaica, New York native holds a spitting clinic, nailing punch line after punch line over quality production from frequent collaborator Moe Productions. If ever there was a record that could spark (no pun intended) a debate over the difference between a rapper vs. a spitta, this is it. Next week marks Sparks tenth Manic Monday.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by DJ Z on 10/26/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.