The last two Manic Mondays have featured laid-back records (Hip-Hop, Nostalgic) from Booth favorite K. Sparks. Deciding that it was time to “go in on n*ggas,” however, Sparks retreats to his golden olden days, when he freestyled off the top of the dome and “served cats on some waiter sh*t,” and calls out all the “non” Spittaz. In this three and a half-minute lyrical barrage, the Jamaica, New York native holds a spitting clinic, nailing punch line after punch line over quality production from frequent collaborator Moe Productions. If ever there was a record that could spark (no pun intended) a debate over the difference between a rapper vs. a spitta, this is it. Next week marks Sparks tenth Manic Monday.
Written by DJ Z on 10/26/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.