The last two Manic Mondays have featured laid-back records (Hip-Hop, Nostalgic) from Booth favorite K. Sparks. Deciding that it was time to “go in on n*ggas,” however, Sparks retreats to his golden olden days, when he freestyled off the top of the dome and “served cats on some waiter sh*t,” and calls out all the “non” Spittaz. In this three and a half-minute lyrical barrage, the Jamaica, New York native holds a spitting clinic, nailing punch line after punch line over quality production from frequent collaborator Moe Productions. If ever there was a record that could spark (no pun intended) a debate over the difference between a rapper vs. a spitta, this is it. Next week marks Sparks tenth Manic Monday.
Written by DJ Z on 10/26/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.