The last two Manic Mondays have featured laid-back records (Hip-Hop, Nostalgic) from Booth favorite K. Sparks. Deciding that it was time to “go in on n*ggas,” however, Sparks retreats to his golden olden days, when he freestyled off the top of the dome and “served cats on some waiter sh*t,” and calls out all the “non” Spittaz. In this three and a half-minute lyrical barrage, the Jamaica, New York native holds a spitting clinic, nailing punch line after punch line over quality production from frequent collaborator Moe Productions. If ever there was a record that could spark (no pun intended) a debate over the difference between a rapper vs. a spitta, this is it. Next week marks Sparks tenth Manic Monday.
Written by DJ Z on 10/26/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.