Sometimes, a K. Sparks song grabs you and shakes you by the shoulders, demanding you wake up to the truth (see: his last feature, Leaders). Other times, the Queens phenom’s music is as mellow, yet stimulating as a conversation over cappuccinos at your local coffee joint. Smooth Cafe, single number three off Spizzy’s Booth-hosted Read Between the Lines street album, is a prime example of the latter, with beatsmith Payozo flipping a lush, jazzy sample as the freestyle series alumnus holds forth on a diverse array of topics—from the unabated wackness of his opponents in the game, to faith’s power to counter the alienating effects of racism. If this insightful jam’s whet your appetite for more hot beats and thoughtful bars, than keep it locked; though Read Between the Lines as yet lacks a drop date, you can look forward to it hitting our front page before year’s end.
Written by richard on 10/9/12
Queens rhymesayer and perennial reader fave K. Sparks has come together with The DJBooth to bring fans his latest digital full-length, Read Between the Lines. A musical reflection on the deceptiveness of appearances and the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.