Sometimes, a K. Sparks song grabs you and shakes you by the shoulders, demanding you wake up to the truth (see: his last feature, Leaders). Other times, the Queens phenom’s music is as mellow, yet stimulating as a conversation over cappuccinos at your local coffee joint. Smooth Cafe, single number three off Spizzy’s Booth-hosted Read Between the Lines street album, is a prime example of the latter, with beatsmith Payozo flipping a lush, jazzy sample as the freestyle series alumnus holds forth on a diverse array of topics—from the unabated wackness of his opponents in the game, to faith’s power to counter the alienating effects of racism. If this insightful jam’s whet your appetite for more hot beats and thoughtful bars, than keep it locked; though Read Between the Lines as yet lacks a drop date, you can look forward to it hitting our front page before year’s end.
Written by richard on 10/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.