Even in an industry as heavily populated with braggarts as the hip-hop game, nobody can Show Off like K. Sparks. The man can tackle a thought-provoking concept record, to be sure—check out his last feature, the provocative White Black Face, if you don’t believe me—but he often shines brightest in jams with no pre-determined theme beyond his own eminence on the mic. Today, Spizzy returns to stroke his ego anew on the dizzying lead single off his next project. Over constant collaborator Kurser‘s initially disconcerting (Yeah, the intro’s supposed to sound like that) but characteristically dope boardwork, the freestyle series alumnus gives his increasingly spectacular flow free rein, firing off punchlines at a clip faster than most human brains will be able to process them. But that’s what repeat spins are for, right? If this barrage of fresh rhymes leaves you craving more, don’t worry; we’ll keep you supplied with the latest leading up to the fall release of his DJBooth-hosted Read Between the Lines street album.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!