Even in an industry as heavily populated with braggarts as the hip-hop game, nobody can Show Off like K. Sparks. The man can tackle a thought-provoking concept record, to be sure—check out his last feature, the provocative White Black Face, if you don’t believe me—but he often shines brightest in jams with no pre-determined theme beyond his own eminence on the mic. Today, Spizzy returns to stroke his ego anew on the dizzying lead single off his next project. Over constant collaborator Kurser‘s initially disconcerting (Yeah, the intro’s supposed to sound like that) but characteristically dope boardwork, the freestyle series alumnus gives his increasingly spectacular flow free rein, firing off punchlines at a clip faster than most human brains will be able to process them. But that’s what repeat spins are for, right? If this barrage of fresh rhymes leaves you craving more, don’t worry; we’ll keep you supplied with the latest leading up to the fall release of his DJBooth-hosted Read Between the Lines street album.
Written by richard on 08/26/12
Queens rhymesayer and perennial reader fave K. Sparks has come together with The DJBooth to bring fans his latest digital full-length, Read Between the Lines. A musical reflection on the deceptiveness of appearances and the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)