In the last year or so, it seems like K. Sparks has been on a mission to score guest features from every Booth-acclaimed emcee in the East (and quite a few elsewhere). Needless to say, the Queens native’s collaborations with fellow reader favorites have been consistently dope – and this latest track, making its world premiere in the Booth, is no exception. Here, Sparks and an equally talented neighbor, Rockaway phenom Beyond Belief, join forces to pay tribute to the borough they both call home. Over frequent collaborator T-Mos’ soulful, sampled mix of strings and brass, the collaborators deliver scorching verses focused on local color, but packed with more than enough polysyllabically-rhymed wordplay and blistering flows to entertain those who have never set foot on their home turf. With two emcees of Sparks’ and Bobby J.‘s caliber serving up bars this fresh, is it possible to settle on a favorite? I’ll leave that for you to decide. In any case, the headliner’s many devotees in the Booth will want to keep it locked for release details on his and T-Mos’ forthcoming Social Studies EP – which has yet to receive a release date – as well as, of course, all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 03/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.