Das EFX-inspired ensemble banger Mic Checka excepted, the themes of K. Sparks’ recent features (Wondering, Conundrum...) suggest that the longtime Booth fave’s had some heavy sh*t on his mind. On the latest leak off his forthcoming, DJBooth.net-presented street album, the Queens native tackles his worries and doubts head-on, exhaling Purple Clouds of haze smoke as he lets go of the stress and hate that have been troubling him of late. Over frequent collaborator Moe Productions’ moody, headphone-ready synth-percussion grooves, the freestyle series alumnus speaks out on topics both personal (“My mama pension ain’t enough, she gotta still work.”) and societal (“From a place of poverty where kids is thinkin’ hell is nice…”), before handing the mic to The Last LOL partner-in-rhyme Jayvine for a defiantly optimistic closing contribution. Digging this insightful jam? Keep it locked for the latest release details on Sparks’ forthcoming LP, and watch for the artist to drop off the inaugural entry in the Booth’s brand new REMIXED Series in August.
Written by richard on 07/24/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)