New York’s own K. Sparks has built a reputation, to say the least, for consistently dropping fresh music specifically for the hip-hop fiend. If you enjoyed hip-hop’s 90s era, and somehow managed to miss his previous 400 Booth features, you’ll want to get real familiar with his newest single Please Don’t Go. Rapping over a soulful beat produced by frequent-collaborator Pajozo, and complemented by the songtress Laetitia Dana, the Booth OG Freestyle Alum spits about seeing shooting stars while he envisions having another romantic night with his girl, stating in the first verse that, “I’m fantasizing daily about the day we be like, nice grind, quit shine, sippin some white wine, killing every beat that came alive in the night time.” Dana provides exceptional hook singing “don’t go I need you, don’t go I want you”, echoing the thoughts of Sparks and everyone who’s ever been in a relationship with that “perfect person.” For more music that embraces hip-hop’s essence, be sure to cop Sparks and Pajozo’s collaborative album, Tomorrow, Today, on March 22.
Written by Jay Flowins on 01/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.