In the dictionary, the word “nostalgic” is defined as “unhappy about being away and longing for familiar things or persons.” If you ask a hip-hop listener what they long for the most, you might hear “1995” or, maybe, “1998.” Either way, there is no doubt about it: we are well past the golden years of rap music. So, what is a loyal hip-hop enthusiast to do? We suggest closing your eyes (after you finish this insightful read) and listening to K. Sparks’ newest Manic Mondays feature, Nostalgic. After convincing yourself that you are in fact not inside a cocktail lounge at a fancy downtown restaurant, you’ll soon realize that this mellow, hookless record, courtesy of Moe Productions, is compelling evidence that it may not be necessary to long for hip-hop’s past after all.
Listen to More: K. Sparks Written by DJ Z
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.