Break out your dairy and calendar, today marks a historic occasion. After releasing approximately eleventy-billion consecutive dope tracks (I said approximately) The DJBooth favorite and Freestyle Series OG K. Sparks has finally dropped some wackiness. Hey, nobody could be that perfect for that long. Naw, I’m just f**king with you, Nostaligic Lights is doper than uncut Columbian coke – had you going for a minute there though, huh? On the jazzily-banging cut producer Navie D. crafts a beat that’s equal parts jazz and underground hip-hop, weaving turntable scratches in and out of piano lines and live percussion. From there Sparks always precise flows take over as the NYC emcee mirrors the beat’s versatility with bars that shift styles and tempo: “Mo money mo problems f**k it, I cry in my Mercedes / my lyricism critical their criticism pitiful.” I’m gonna have a hard time disagreeing with you on that on Mr. Sparks. While this one isn’t attached to a larger project (yet), I think we all know to count on Sparks to keep dropping dopeness regardless. The man’s the Joe DiMaggio of rap.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.