Break out your dairy and calendar, today marks a historic occasion. After releasing approximately eleventy-billion consecutive dope tracks (I said approximately) The DJBooth favorite and Freestyle Series OG K. Sparks has finally dropped some wackiness. Hey, nobody could be that perfect for that long. Naw, I’m just f**king with you, Nostaligic Lights is doper than uncut Columbian coke – had you going for a minute there though, huh? On the jazzily-banging cut producer Navie D. crafts a beat that’s equal parts jazz and underground hip-hop, weaving turntable scratches in and out of piano lines and live percussion. From there Sparks always precise flows take over as the NYC emcee mirrors the beat’s versatility with bars that shift styles and tempo: “Mo money mo problems f**k it, I cry in my Mercedes / my lyricism critical their criticism pitiful.” I’m gonna have a hard time disagreeing with you on that on Mr. Sparks. While this one isn’t attached to a larger project (yet), I think we all know to count on Sparks to keep dropping dopeness regardless. The man’s the Joe DiMaggio of rap.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/7/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.