In the dictionary, the word “nostalgic” is defined as “unhappy about being away and longing for familiar things or persons.” If you ask a hip-hop listener what they long for the most, you might hear “1995” or, maybe, “1998.” Either way, there is no doubt about it: we are well past the golden years of rap music. So, what is a loyal hip-hop enthusiast to do? We suggest closing your eyes (after you finish this insightful read) and listening to K. Sparks’ newest Manic Mondays feature, Nostalgic. After convincing yourself that you are in fact not inside a cocktail lounge at a fancy downtown restaurant, you’ll soon realize that this mellow, hookless record, courtesy of Moe Productions, is compelling evidence that it may not be necessary to long for hip-hop’s past after all.
Written by DJ Z on 10/12/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.