I’m not gonna front. With a baby daughter at home my Night Life isn’t what it once was (I’ve traded bottles for a bottle), but luckily DJBooth Nation’s favorite unsigned emcee is letting me live vicariously through him on his new track. Filled with aptly sparkling production from Sean Ross that sounds like a hip-hop manifestation of ice rattling around an empty scotch glass (or is that just me dreaming?), as well as some on time cuts from the double-named DJ Bobby Bob, per usual Night Life is first and foremost Sparks’ show as the NY emcee drops luxurious flows that occasionally speeds up into Twista territory; apparently he’s been mixing his vodka with Red Bull. The “clubs” likely won’t play this one, but the best gentlemen’s clubs will, and that’s the real night life I miss. While Night Life doesn’t yet have an official home, fans of the prodigious Sparks should keep an eye out for his upcoming project The Trilogy, a collection of all his guest feature work, due to drop on our homepage very soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)