I’m not gonna front. With a baby daughter at home my Night Life isn’t what it once was (I’ve traded bottles for a bottle), but luckily DJBooth Nation’s favorite unsigned emcee is letting me live vicariously through him on his new track. Filled with aptly sparkling production from Sean Ross that sounds like a hip-hop manifestation of ice rattling around an empty scotch glass (or is that just me dreaming?), as well as some on time cuts from the double-named DJ Bobby Bob, per usual Night Life is first and foremost Sparks’ show as the NY emcee drops luxurious flows that occasionally speeds up into Twista territory; apparently he’s been mixing his vodka with Red Bull. The “clubs” likely won’t play this one, but the best gentlemen’s clubs will, and that’s the real night life I miss. While Night Life doesn’t yet have an official home, fans of the prodigious Sparks should keep an eye out for his upcoming project The Trilogy, a collection of all his guest feature work, due to drop on our homepage very soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.