I’m not gonna front. With a baby daughter at home my Night Life isn’t what it once was (I’ve traded bottles for a bottle), but luckily DJBooth Nation’s favorite unsigned emcee is letting me live vicariously through him on his new track. Filled with aptly sparkling production from Sean Ross that sounds like a hip-hop manifestation of ice rattling around an empty scotch glass (or is that just me dreaming?), as well as some on time cuts from the double-named DJ Bobby Bob, per usual Night Life is first and foremost Sparks’ show as the NY emcee drops luxurious flows that occasionally speeds up into Twista territory; apparently he’s been mixing his vodka with Red Bull. The “clubs” likely won’t play this one, but the best gentlemen’s clubs will, and that’s the real night life I miss. While Night Life doesn’t yet have an official home, fans of the prodigious Sparks should keep an eye out for his upcoming project The Trilogy, a collection of all his guest feature work, due to drop on our homepage very soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.