I’m not gonna front. With a baby daughter at home my Night Life isn’t what it once was (I’ve traded bottles for a bottle), but luckily DJBooth Nation’s favorite unsigned emcee is letting me live vicariously through him on his new track. Filled with aptly sparkling production from Sean Ross that sounds like a hip-hop manifestation of ice rattling around an empty scotch glass (or is that just me dreaming?), as well as some on time cuts from the double-named DJ Bobby Bob, per usual Night Life is first and foremost Sparks’ show as the NY emcee drops luxurious flows that occasionally speeds up into Twista territory; apparently he’s been mixing his vodka with Red Bull. The “clubs” likely won’t play this one, but the best gentlemen’s clubs will, and that’s the real night life I miss. While Night Life doesn’t yet have an official home, fans of the prodigious Sparks should keep an eye out for his upcoming project The Trilogy, a collection of all his guest feature work, due to drop on our homepage very soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.