The battle of Needs vs. Wants is basic economics. While recording artists might want the money and support of a major label, in the music industry’s current climate, they don’t need help from “the man.” Similarly, once an artist signs a record deal and receives a small advance, they might want to purchase diamond-encrusted bling, a new Bentley, or a yacht (see Scott Storch), but they really don’t need any of those material goods. It is these issues that are on display in the second edition of rapper K. Sparks’ Manic Mondays series. “In life we are faced with two choices. Some individuals choose wants and neglect to meet their needs because they are more concerned with what they appear to be, instead of what they really are,” explains the emcee. Sparks provides his thought-provoking lines over a jazz/blues beat from producer D Roof.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by DJ Z on 09/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.