The battle of Needs vs. Wants is basic economics. While recording artists might want the money and support of a major label, in the music industry’s current climate, they don’t need help from “the man.” Similarly, once an artist signs a record deal and receives a small advance, they might want to purchase diamond-encrusted bling, a new Bentley, or a yacht (see Scott Storch), but they really don’t need any of those material goods. It is these issues that are on display in the second edition of rapper K. Sparks’ Manic Mondays series. “In life we are faced with two choices. Some individuals choose wants and neglect to meet their needs because they are more concerned with what they appear to be, instead of what they really are,” explains the emcee. Sparks provides his thought-provoking lines over a jazz/blues beat from producer D Roof.
Listen to More: K. Sparks Written by DJ Z
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.