The battle of Needs vs. Wants is basic economics. While recording artists might want the money and support of a major label, in the music industry’s current climate, they don’t need help from “the man.” Similarly, once an artist signs a record deal and receives a small advance, they might want to purchase diamond-encrusted bling, a new Bentley, or a yacht (see Scott Storch), but they really don’t need any of those material goods. It is these issues that are on display in the second edition of rapper K. Sparks’ Manic Mondays series. “In life we are faced with two choices. Some individuals choose wants and neglect to meet their needs because they are more concerned with what they appear to be, instead of what they really are,” explains the emcee. Sparks provides his thought-provoking lines over a jazz/blues beat from producer D Roof.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by DJ Z on 09/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.