As you must already know, June is a huge month for new album releases. J. Cole, Kanye and Mac Miller are all set to drop their latest LPs on 6/18, and a week later Wale’s The Gifted hits literal and digital shelves. In an effort to additionally help stuff your iPod full of new tunes, K. Sparks has moved up the release date of his Self Portrait album from the end of summer to its beginning. With crisp cuts like HTNC (Humble’s The New Cocky) it’s no wonder he is so eager to share the project with his fans earlier than expected. Backed by Kurser’s minimalist, briskly paced beat, Sparks speeds things up, educating listeners on the differences between him and your average emcee. His guest, Angelous, impresses too, displaying a higher pitched flow and a very interesting cadence. With a different state of mind (HTNC) and a different release date strategy—actually moving up a release date—K. Sparks is definitely in a league of his own.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)