In hip-hop we always hear about new school vs. old school. K. Sparks prefers a third option, however, which incorporates elements from both. On Home School, the first single of his upcoming album, the Queens native and regular Booth featuree combines a lively, colorful flow and vibe (new school) with a socially aware lyrics and a more casual, yet effective beat (old school) . Backed by the guitar-based, head-nodding production from frequent collaborator Kurser, Sparks and guest emcee Paul Rivers Bailey tackle the ills of the American school system. Both have a similarly charismatic approach, splashed with just a dab of ruggedness, which makes the message perfectly packaged to please the ears of earnest listeners. Home School is the lead single from Self Portrait, Sparks’ next full-length album, due out in August.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.