In hip-hop we always hear about new school vs. old school. K. Sparks prefers a third option, however, which incorporates elements from both. On Home School, the first single of his upcoming album, the Queens native and regular Booth featuree combines a lively, colorful flow and vibe (new school) with a socially aware lyrics and a more casual, yet effective beat (old school) . Backed by the guitar-based, head-nodding production from frequent collaborator Kurser, Sparks and guest emcee Paul Rivers Bailey tackle the ills of the American school system. Both have a similarly charismatic approach, splashed with just a dab of ruggedness, which makes the message perfectly packaged to please the ears of earnest listeners. Home School is the lead single from Self Portrait, Sparks’ next full-length album, due out in August.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)