In hip-hop we always hear about new school vs. old school. K. Sparks prefers a third option, however, which incorporates elements from both. On Home School, the first single of his upcoming album, the Queens native and regular Booth featuree combines a lively, colorful flow and vibe (new school) with a socially aware lyrics and a more casual, yet effective beat (old school) . Backed by the guitar-based, head-nodding production from frequent collaborator Kurser, Sparks and guest emcee Paul Rivers Bailey tackle the ills of the American school system. Both have a similarly charismatic approach, splashed with just a dab of ruggedness, which makes the message perfectly packaged to please the ears of earnest listeners. Home School is the lead single from Self Portrait, Sparks’ next full-length album, due out in August.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.