In the past week, Booth readers have been treated to one dope rendition of K. Sparks’ Gold Chain after another—departing sharply from Marvel‘s cavernous, haunting original, Mulatto Patriot went for a sparse, percussion-driven sound, and Jett I. Maysr pushed the envelope yet further with his soulfully funky Lightsaber Remix. Today, we’re proud to present the third and final entry in the opening round of our Booth-exclusive REMIXED series, courtesy of Slot-A. Born Barron Ryan Bollar, the Windy City (by way of Ypsilanti, Michigan) representative has worked with such artists as Mr. Robotic, Add-2, GhostWridah, PRGz, Neak Undefined and Mic Terror. Slot describes the creation of his swaggering, sample-driven Gold Chain remix thus: “The process went by fairly quick. [Starting] was the most difficult, as far as trying to find a sample that would fit the vibe. The drums happened as an accident. Initially I was programming it for a [four-and-a-half] bar loop. Turned out to sound dope. Then found my cuts… then restructured the record. Good times.” Fans will find the original version of Gold Chain and much more on K. Sparks’ Booth-sponsored Destination: Success street album, set to hit our mixtape page for streaming and download September 19; watch for us to premiere the project’s final leak next week!
Written by richard on 09/8/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.