250 dope tracks after we started DJBooth decided it was time to bring our exclusive freestyle series to a close. But what to do for an encore? Having given emcees their moment in the sun we’ve turned our spotlight to the board for our new Remixed series, giving three producers their shot at remixing (and maybe, just maybe, improving) a hit record in the Booth. First up is K. Sparks’ highly rated cut Gold Chain and Chicago boardsmith Mulatto Patriot. Fresh off working with Pugz Atomz, ProbCause and more, Mulatto replaces the original’s haunting, dark beat with more minimalist, pounding and high energy percussion that has its fair share of outer space synths. “What attracted me towards remixing the original song was the hard rhymes, entertaining punchlines and different deliveries. I feel it’s a head-nodder and that energy to me only says one thing: ‘go the eff in’,” said Patriot. Well then, mission accomplished. Keep it locked for two more takes on Gold Chain from our Remixed producers and be sure cop Sparks’ upcoming Diagnosis: Success album, due to hit our homepage on September 19.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/29/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)