K. Sparks f*cks with DJBooth.net. If you don’t believe us, just listen to the Jamaica, New York native’s newest Manic Monday feature. Alongside fellow New York emcee Angelous, Sparks presses Rewind over a sample-filled production courtesy of French hip-hop producer Kurser, name-dropping the Booth along the way. As so many artists continue to saturate the market with a poor excuse for hip-hop music, it seems Sparks knows what it takes to stand out from the pack; Rewind includes braggadocio, but it is delivered in an insightful and fresh manner. While the record serves as Sparks’ sixth Manic Monday feature, it will also be included on his forthcoming Kurser-produced mixtape project, The Red Tape.
Written by DJ Z on 10/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.