K. Sparks f*cks with DJBooth.net. If you don’t believe us, just listen to the Jamaica, New York native’s newest Manic Monday feature. Alongside fellow New York emcee Angelous, Sparks presses Rewind over a sample-filled production courtesy of French hip-hop producer Kurser, name-dropping the Booth along the way. As so many artists continue to saturate the market with a poor excuse for hip-hop music, it seems Sparks knows what it takes to stand out from the pack; Rewind includes braggadocio, but it is delivered in an insightful and fresh manner. While the record serves as Sparks’ sixth Manic Monday feature, it will also be included on his forthcoming Kurser-produced mixtape project, The Red Tape.
Written by DJ Z on 10/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.