K. Sparks f*cks with DJBooth.net. If you don’t believe us, just listen to the Jamaica, New York native’s newest Manic Monday feature. Alongside fellow New York emcee Angelous, Sparks presses Rewind over a sample-filled production courtesy of French hip-hop producer Kurser, name-dropping the Booth along the way. As so many artists continue to saturate the market with a poor excuse for hip-hop music, it seems Sparks knows what it takes to stand out from the pack; Rewind includes braggadocio, but it is delivered in an insightful and fresh manner. While the record serves as Sparks’ sixth Manic Monday feature, it will also be included on his forthcoming Kurser-produced mixtape project, The Red Tape.
Written by DJ Z on 10/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.