K. Sparks f*cks with DJBooth.net. If you don’t believe us, just listen to the Jamaica, New York native’s newest Manic Monday feature. Alongside fellow New York emcee Angelous, Sparks presses Rewind over a sample-filled production courtesy of French hip-hop producer Kurser, name-dropping the Booth along the way. As so many artists continue to saturate the market with a poor excuse for hip-hop music, it seems Sparks knows what it takes to stand out from the pack; Rewind includes braggadocio, but it is delivered in an insightful and fresh manner. While the record serves as Sparks’ sixth Manic Monday feature, it will also be included on his forthcoming Kurser-produced mixtape project, The Red Tape.
Written by DJ Z on 10/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.