While jazzy, boom bap-informed cuts are K. Sparks‘s usual fare, those who have followed the Queens phenom since his early Booth features know that his limitations are essentially nil. Everywhere, single numero dos off his next independent full-length, offers a powerful reminder of his versatility. Fero Navi takes an out-the-box approach behind the boards, turning in a stark, whip-ready groove in 6/8 time. Unfazed, Spizzy offers a full demonstration of his skills on the mic, shellacking the beat with relentless triple-time trash talk. For this hard-hitting cut, the Booth-approved title track and many more underground bangers, cop K. Sparks’s Vintage Art LP when it drops independently on Tuesday, July 27.
Written by richard on 06/9/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.