While jazzy, boom bap-informed cuts are K. Sparks‘s usual fare, those who have followed the Queens phenom since his early Booth features know that his limitations are essentially nil. Everywhere, single numero dos off his next independent full-length, offers a powerful reminder of his versatility. Fero Navi takes an out-the-box approach behind the boards, turning in a stark, whip-ready groove in 6/8 time. Unfazed, Spizzy offers a full demonstration of his skills on the mic, shellacking the beat with relentless triple-time trash talk. For this hard-hitting cut, the Booth-approved title track and many more underground bangers, cop K. Sparks’s Vintage Art LP when it drops independently on Tuesday, July 27.
Written by richard on 06/9/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)