While jazzy, boom bap-informed cuts are K. Sparks‘s usual fare, those who have followed the Queens phenom since his early Booth features know that his limitations are essentially nil. Everywhere, single numero dos off his next independent full-length, offers a powerful reminder of his versatility. Fero Navi takes an out-the-box approach behind the boards, turning in a stark, whip-ready groove in 6/8 time. Unfazed, Spizzy offers a full demonstration of his skills on the mic, shellacking the beat with relentless triple-time trash talk. For this hard-hitting cut, the Booth-approved title track and many more underground bangers, cop K. Sparks’s Vintage Art LP when it drops independently on Tuesday, July 27.
Written by richard on 06/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.