While jazzy, boom bap-informed cuts are K. Sparks‘s usual fare, those who have followed the Queens phenom since his early Booth features know that his limitations are essentially nil. Everywhere, single numero dos off his next independent full-length, offers a powerful reminder of his versatility. Fero Navi takes an out-the-box approach behind the boards, turning in a stark, whip-ready groove in 6/8 time. Unfazed, Spizzy offers a full demonstration of his skills on the mic, shellacking the beat with relentless triple-time trash talk. For this hard-hitting cut, the Booth-approved title track and many more underground bangers, cop K. Sparks’s Vintage Art LP when it drops independently on Tuesday, July 27.
Written by richard on 06/9/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.