K. Sparks’s new track, Dedication, contains two dead giveaways that let you know he has a background in freestyling. First of all, the kid can effortlessly string together dope rhyme after dope rhyme. Second, by the time each verse ends, you have no idea what the hell he’s talking about. Contrary to what you may expect, Dedication is not about his work ethic or his loyalty. Instead, the Queens rapper spends his three minutes on the mic jumping between broken storylines and factoids, all of which work fine by themselves but come together like a Mad Lib gone wrong. Skrazey’s hectic beat makes the song all that more busy. I can guarantee one thing: you will not get bored listening to Dedication, so put away your Adderall. Check out more K. Sparks on his upcoming album, Two Worlds (Oct.).
Listen to More: K. Sparks Written by Charlie E.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.