K. Sparks’s new track, Dedication, contains two dead giveaways that let you know he has a background in freestyling. First of all, the kid can effortlessly string together dope rhyme after dope rhyme. Second, by the time each verse ends, you have no idea what the hell he’s talking about. Contrary to what you may expect, Dedication is not about his work ethic or his loyalty. Instead, the Queens rapper spends his three minutes on the mic jumping between broken storylines and factoids, all of which work fine by themselves but come together like a Mad Lib gone wrong. Skrazey’s hectic beat makes the song all that more busy. I can guarantee one thing: you will not get bored listening to Dedication, so put away your Adderall. Check out more K. Sparks on his upcoming album, Two Worlds (Oct.).
Written by Charlie E. on 08/14/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.