K. Sparks’s new track, Dedication, contains two dead giveaways that let you know he has a background in freestyling. First of all, the kid can effortlessly string together dope rhyme after dope rhyme. Second, by the time each verse ends, you have no idea what the hell he’s talking about. Contrary to what you may expect, Dedication is not about his work ethic or his loyalty. Instead, the Queens rapper spends his three minutes on the mic jumping between broken storylines and factoids, all of which work fine by themselves but come together like a Mad Lib gone wrong. Skrazey’s hectic beat makes the song all that more busy. I can guarantee one thing: you will not get bored listening to Dedication, so put away your Adderall. Check out more K. Sparks on his upcoming album, Two Worlds (Oct.).
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by Charlie E. on 08/14/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.