Last we heard from K. Sparks’, the underground mainstay and DJBooth.net All-Star (“Booth favorite” hardly cuts it) was exhaling Purple Clouds as he contemplated the heavy topics of crime and social inequality. While his deep thoughts earned him well-deserved acclaim from readers, I’m nonetheless pleased to announce that the follow-up, leak numero quatro off the artist’s forthcoming street album, finds the Big Apple repper back in his usual high-spirited, punchline-slinging mode of operation. As you may have guessed from the title, Chi-City 2 Queens finds Sparks trading verses with a colleague from the Windy City. First to rhyme over Kurser‘s syncopated, lightly-jazzy boardwork, freestyle alum Add-2 comes fast and furious with the one-liners: “Y’all n*ggas is trash—better call Captain Planet / And beatin’ me is like seein’ an African goin’ tannin’.” The headliner turns in as characteristically dazzling performance on the back, supplementing his own wisecracks with all the rapid-fire flows fans have come to expect. Need more K. Sparks in your life? We’ve got you covered—watch for the artist’s new,Booth-sponsored full-length to arrive on our mixtape page September 19.
Written by richard on 08/4/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.