Last we heard from K. Sparks’, the underground mainstay and DJBooth.net All-Star (“Booth favorite” hardly cuts it) was exhaling Purple Clouds as he contemplated the heavy topics of crime and social inequality. While his deep thoughts earned him well-deserved acclaim from readers, I’m nonetheless pleased to announce that the follow-up, leak numero quatro off the artist’s forthcoming street album, finds the Big Apple repper back in his usual high-spirited, punchline-slinging mode of operation. As you may have guessed from the title, Chi-City 2 Queens finds Sparks trading verses with a colleague from the Windy City. First to rhyme over Kurser‘s syncopated, lightly-jazzy boardwork, freestyle alum Add-2 comes fast and furious with the one-liners: “Y’all n*ggas is trash—better call Captain Planet / And beatin’ me is like seein’ an African goin’ tannin’.” The headliner turns in as characteristically dazzling performance on the back, supplementing his own wisecracks with all the rapid-fire flows fans have come to expect. Need more K. Sparks in your life? We’ve got you covered—watch for the artist’s new,Booth-sponsored full-length to arrive on our mixtape page September 19.
Written by richard on 08/4/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.