Having set the online hip-hop community on fire with chapters one (The Collaborations) and two (The Demonstration), K. Sparks is now getting ready to drop the thrilling conclusion to his mixtape Trilogy, which will find the freestyle series alum joining forces with reality-TV star The Situation. OK, I made that up – while the set is unlikely to feature any Jersey Shore cast members, inaugural leak Bounce is evidence that it will contain all of the dizzying mic work and musical creativity fans have come to expect from Sparks’ and his stable of producers. As T-Mos sets an exotic mood with chopped string samples, the Queens rapper once again makes excellence sound easy, jumping from one polysyllabically-rhymed punchline after another without breaking a sweat: “I’m on a T-Mos beat, we’re doin’ damage / It’s like Christ in Jerusalem, home court advantage / Lyrically I’m hanging rappers with their lame grind / they like Superman wearing Jordans – peep the hang time.” If you’re impressed (and how could you not be?), you can find Bounce and much more on Sparks’ yet-unscheduled Chapter 3 mixtape, in addition to a forthcoming T-Mos project.
Written by richard on 10/3/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.