Having set the online hip-hop community on fire with chapters one (The Collaborations) and two (The Demonstration), K. Sparks is now getting ready to drop the thrilling conclusion to his mixtape Trilogy, which will find the freestyle series alum joining forces with reality-TV star The Situation. OK, I made that up – while the set is unlikely to feature any Jersey Shore cast members, inaugural leak Bounce is evidence that it will contain all of the dizzying mic work and musical creativity fans have come to expect from Sparks’ and his stable of producers. As T-Mos sets an exotic mood with chopped string samples, the Queens rapper once again makes excellence sound easy, jumping from one polysyllabically-rhymed punchline after another without breaking a sweat: “I’m on a T-Mos beat, we’re doin’ damage / It’s like Christ in Jerusalem, home court advantage / Lyrically I’m hanging rappers with their lame grind / they like Superman wearing Jordans – peep the hang time.” If you’re impressed (and how could you not be?), you can find Bounce and much more on Sparks’ yet-unscheduled Chapter 3 mixtape, in addition to a forthcoming T-Mos project.
Written by richard on 10/3/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.