What? It’s been over two weeks since we last featured a fresh track from K. Sparks?! Say it ain’t so! Today, the Booth’s favorite Queens representative makes his return with EP leak Blue Swing, a cut on which he informs the world that he’s got a “new thing.” Fortunately for all of us who loved Sparks’ style just the way it was, though, it doesn’t seem to be very different from his old thing – in fact, you could call this record “vintage K. Sparks,” if you were so inclined. Here, the smoky jazz-piano production of T-Mos sets the stage for the emcee’s reflections on life, death, music and race; heavy stuff, to be sure, but he tackles the subject matter with characteristically engaging lyricism and dextrous flows. Those digging Blue Swing can find more hot beats and rhymes from Sparks and T-Mos on their YnotMyDream-sponsored Social Studies EP, set to hit the ‘net sometime in late May or early June. In the meantime, stay on the lookout for this track’s official remix, coming soon.
Listen to More: K. Sparks Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.