If there’s one thing better than taking a stroll to your local park and hopping on a swing on a sunny afternoon, it’s heading to the playground with a couple good friends to relive your respective childhoods and/or hold long-distance swing-jumping competitions without fear of getting caught by a teacher. (I can’t be the only one who did that.) K. Sparks clearly knows what I’m talking about – on the newly-released remix to the massively reader-acclaimed Blue Swing, the Queens native enlists a few talented homies for an exhilarating yet (thanks to T-Mos’ jazz-piano production) ultra-chill lyrical free-for-all. In addition to familiar faces Beyond Belief, Jabee and Logics (of ArtOfficial fame), DMV native Gripz tags along for the ride; the result is so jam-packed with on-point lyricism that I’d be hard-pressed to pick a favorite line or verse – what do you think, Booth readers? And does this remix eclipse the original? Whatever your opinion, you’ll want to keep it locked for the latest on Sparks and T-Mos’ Social Studies EP. Also, watch for the DJBooth-presented first installment of Sparks’ new mixtape Trilogy, set to hit our front page June 15!
Written by richard on 05/16/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.