If there’s one thing better than taking a stroll to your local park and hopping on a swing on a sunny afternoon, it’s heading to the playground with a couple good friends to relive your respective childhoods and/or hold long-distance swing-jumping competitions without fear of getting caught by a teacher. (I can’t be the only one who did that.) K. Sparks clearly knows what I’m talking about – on the newly-released remix to the massively reader-acclaimed Blue Swing, the Queens native enlists a few talented homies for an exhilarating yet (thanks to T-Mos’ jazz-piano production) ultra-chill lyrical free-for-all. In addition to familiar faces Beyond Belief, Jabee and Logics (of ArtOfficial fame), DMV native Gripz tags along for the ride; the result is so jam-packed with on-point lyricism that I’d be hard-pressed to pick a favorite line or verse – what do you think, Booth readers? And does this remix eclipse the original? Whatever your opinion, you’ll want to keep it locked for the latest on Sparks and T-Mos’ Social Studies EP. Also, watch for the DJBooth-presented first installment of Sparks’ new mixtape Trilogy, set to hit our front page June 15!
Written by richard on 05/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)