If there’s one thing better than taking a stroll to your local park and hopping on a swing on a sunny afternoon, it’s heading to the playground with a couple good friends to relive your respective childhoods and/or hold long-distance swing-jumping competitions without fear of getting caught by a teacher. (I can’t be the only one who did that.) K. Sparks clearly knows what I’m talking about – on the newly-released remix to the massively reader-acclaimed Blue Swing, the Queens native enlists a few talented homies for an exhilarating yet (thanks to T-Mos’ jazz-piano production) ultra-chill lyrical free-for-all. In addition to familiar faces Beyond Belief, Jabee and Logics (of ArtOfficial fame), DMV native Gripz tags along for the ride; the result is so jam-packed with on-point lyricism that I’d be hard-pressed to pick a favorite line or verse – what do you think, Booth readers? And does this remix eclipse the original? Whatever your opinion, you’ll want to keep it locked for the latest on Sparks and T-Mos’ Social Studies EP. Also, watch for the DJBooth-presented first installment of Sparks’ new mixtape Trilogy, set to hit our front page June 15!
Written by richard on 05/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.