What? It’s been over two weeks since we last featured a fresh track from K. Sparks?! Say it ain’t so! Today, the Booth’s favorite Queens representative makes his return with EP leak Blue Swing, a cut on which he informs the world that he’s got a “new thing.” Fortunately for all of us who loved Sparks’ style just the way it was, though, it doesn’t seem to be very different from his old thing – in fact, you could call this record “vintage K. Sparks,” if you were so inclined. Here, the smoky jazz-piano production of T-Mos sets the stage for the emcee’s reflections on life, death, music and race; heavy stuff, to be sure, but he tackles the subject matter with characteristically engaging lyricism and dextrous flows. Those digging Blue Swing can find more hot beats and rhymes from Sparks and T-Mos on their YnotMyDream-sponsored Social Studies EP, set to hit the ‘net sometime in late May or early June. In the meantime, stay on the lookout for this track’s official remix, coming soon.
Written by richard on 04/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.