If it’s true that the absence of one sense makes the others more acute, then y’all might want to put on your Blindfolds for this one. Actually, you might want to plug your noses, too—your ears are gonna need all the help they can get unraveling the intricate lyrical flames K. Sparks unleashes on his latest single. Over frequent collaborator Kurser‘s Chipmunk-sampled chants and syncopated rhythm section, Sparks delivers bars so impeccably flowed that it’s easy to miss the knowledge he’s dropping. Complete with an equally acrobatic opening verse by guest spitter Nation, Blindfolds can be found, along with project lead single Autumn Blues and much more, on forthcoming full-length Self Portrait. Previously slated to drop this August, the DJBooth-hosted LP has been pushed forward—yes, forward—and is now set to hit our front page in June.
Written by richard on 05/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.