If it’s true that the absence of one sense makes the others more acute, then y’all might want to put on your Blindfolds for this one. Actually, you might want to plug your noses, too—your ears are gonna need all the help they can get unraveling the intricate lyrical flames K. Sparks unleashes on his latest single. Over frequent collaborator Kurser‘s Chipmunk-sampled chants and syncopated rhythm section, Sparks delivers bars so impeccably flowed that it’s easy to miss the knowledge he’s dropping. Complete with an equally acrobatic opening verse by guest spitter Nation, Blindfolds can be found, along with project lead single Autumn Blues and much more, on forthcoming full-length Self Portrait. Previously slated to drop this August, the DJBooth-hosted LP has been pushed forward—yes, forward—and is now set to hit our front page in June.
Written by richard on 05/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.