Every day in New York City, hundreds of men and woman engage in silent flirtation on crowded subway cars, and part without exchanging a word. Some go so far as to post a Missed Connection on Craigslist, in the (likely vain) hope that mysterious guy or girl will come across and be moved to respond. When K. Sparks locked eyes with a Black Mona Lisa on the F train recently, he decided to take a different tack and immortalize her in song. On this new single, part of the perennial Booth fave’s latest EP, Jay Apha and Al Dali flip a smooth sample from Deodato’s San Juan Sunset (also heard on Lupe‘s Paris Tokyo) as the emcee vividly describes the picture-perfect beauty in question. Hopefully, she’s a devotee of the Booth; if she hears this cut, I have no doubt she’ll want to get in touch with K. Spizzy. If you like what you’re hearing, more awaits on The Blue Tape 2, released via Soundcloud on Friday.
Written by richard on 02/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.