Every day in New York City, hundreds of men and woman engage in silent flirtation on crowded subway cars, and part without exchanging a word. Some go so far as to post a Missed Connection on Craigslist, in the (likely vain) hope that mysterious guy or girl will come across and be moved to respond. When K. Sparks locked eyes with a Black Mona Lisa on the F train recently, he decided to take a different tack and immortalize her in song. On this new single, part of the perennial Booth fave’s latest EP, Jay Apha and Al Dali flip a smooth sample from Deodato’s San Juan Sunset (also heard on Lupe‘s Paris Tokyo) as the emcee vividly describes the picture-perfect beauty in question. Hopefully, she’s a devotee of the Booth; if she hears this cut, I have no doubt she’ll want to get in touch with K. Spizzy. If you like what you’re hearing, more awaits on The Blue Tape 2, released via Soundcloud on Friday.
Written by richard on 02/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.