Every day in New York City, hundreds of men and woman engage in silent flirtation on crowded subway cars, and part without exchanging a word. Some go so far as to post a Missed Connection on Craigslist, in the (likely vain) hope that mysterious guy or girl will come across and be moved to respond. When K. Sparks locked eyes with a Black Mona Lisa on the F train recently, he decided to take a different tack and immortalize her in song. On this new single, part of the perennial Booth fave’s latest EP, Jay Apha and Al Dali flip a smooth sample from Deodato’s San Juan Sunset (also heard on Lupe‘s Paris Tokyo) as the emcee vividly describes the picture-perfect beauty in question. Hopefully, she’s a devotee of the Booth; if she hears this cut, I have no doubt she’ll want to get in touch with K. Spizzy. If you like what you’re hearing, more awaits on The Blue Tape 2, released via Soundcloud on Friday.
Written by richard on 02/17/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)