“Hey, didn’t K. Sparks have a record about Magic featured back in August?” Indeed he did, and received rave Booth reviews for his trouble. Far from being a retread, however, newly-leaked cut Black Magic is proof the Queens native’s got no shortage of new tricks up his sleeve. This spellbinding banger finds D. Roof serving up a brassy jazz instrumental (sampled, I’ma guess, from some version of Ella Fitzgerald’s That Old Black Magic) as the Queens native spits verses characteristically jam-packed with wordplay and allusions. The real surprise, though, is who the headliner pulls out of his hat on the guest tip – Ahmad, the West Coast vet who recently made his comeback with The Death of Me, takes center stage on the front, showing off his downright magical knack for transitioning between gruff flows and silky-smooth sung vocals. The final chapter in Sparks’ acclaimed Trilogy has yet to receive a release date, but in the meantime fans can still stream and download the first (The Collaborations) and second (The Demonstration) from our very own mixtape page.
Written by richard on 10/24/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.